- The act of becoming visible; appearance; visibility. --Milton.
- The sudden apparition of the Spaniards. --Prescott.
- The apparition of Lawyer Clippurse occasioned much speculation in that portion of the world. --Sir W. Scott.
- The thing appearing; a visible object; a form.
- Which apparition, it seems, was you. --Tatler.
- An unexpected, wonderful, or preternatural appearance; a ghost; a specter; a phantom. ``The heavenly bands . . . a glorious apparition. --Milton.
- I think it is the weakness of mine eyes That shapes this monstrous apparition. --Shak.
- (Astronomy) The first appearance of a star or other luminary after having been invisible or obscured;â€”opposed to occultation.
10 letters in word "apparition": A A I I N O P P R T.
No anagrams for apparition found in this word list.